Thanks for a fantastic year! Here are some amazing PSO Highlights from 2017-2018 at Durham Elementary School:
Thank you to our Durham Volunteers who donated over 2500 hours of support for our school this year!
- Our Jog-a-Thon in the fall raised $34,219.30!!
- We held two successful book fairs and earned $3805.30 in Scholastic dollars to purchase hundreds of new books for our Library!
- Durham Families attended 5 restaurant nights and raised $5441 for the school!!
- Our amazing SCRIP Program put $3147 directly back into Durham Classrooms!
- By collecting Box Tops, Roadrunners raised $1492 for our school!!
- Our Read-A-Thon raised $3481.96 for our school, and Durham students read an amazing 57,670 minutes in ten days!!
We used the money earned to fund field trips at every grade level, support our Art Literacy Program, our Samba band and our Music and PE Programs, celebrate and honor our teachers with hospitality events, provide IXL Math to every child at Durham, and fund our summer reading program! We also help staff and fund several family fun nights throughout the year that many, many students and families enjoyed attending together:
- STEAM Night
- We Are Durham Night
- The Father-Daughter Dance
- The Mother-Son Event
- and the End-of-the-Year Picnic!
ALSO, our Durham Community raised $1508. 48 for the Foundation for Tigard Tualatin Schools Coin Drive, sent parents to help with the FTTS Phone-A-Thon, and stuffed bags and bags of donated items onto a bus in April for the Caring Closet! Roadrunners love to give back to our community!
All in all, these number add up to so many great opportunities and experiences for our kids and our school. So THANK YOU for being such a supportive community! We look forward to another amazing year and we will see you in the fall!!
Important Dates to know for 2018-2019:
- Back to School Night & Supply Drop Off: August 29th 5-7pm
- First Day of School from 1-5th Graders: September 4th
- First Day of School for Kindergartners: September 10th
- 2018 Durham Jog-A-Thon: September 28th (30th Anniversary!)